1980

Artist's studio overlooking the Bluecoat garden

Now the site of the new arts wing, this side of the building overlooking the garden was patched up after being badly damaged in the May 1941 blitz. A caretaker's flat was built, together with two artists' studios. One, seen here with a window onto the garden, was occupied for many years by the painter Clement McAleer.